JOE W. McBRIDE (1904-1972) published Oklahoma newspapers for 40 years, the longest period with the Anadarko Daily News. In 1935 he formed a partnership with James C. Nance of Walters. Nance-McBride publications eventually owned 23 newspapers, the largest group in this region. He was a member of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame (1961) and president of the Oklahoma Press Association. A strong supporter of journalism education at the University of Oklahoma, he was instrumental in the construction of a new journalism building there in the 1950s.